Friday, April 22, 2011

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Bad Eggs

Episode 24.
airdate: 12 January 1998.

Bad twangy music while Xander and Cordelia makeout. This episode they all have to take care of eggs together as a surrogate for real babies. I had to do this with a bag of sugar. And this being "Buffy", some of the eggs have parasites in them that infiltrate your flesh and control your actions and make you feed a big mother parasite and bla bla. It looks like the face-hugger alien.

I don't have much to say about this episode. I haven't seen it as many times as the others, because, like I say, I usually skip it.

Xander thwarts the whole evil-egg thing by boiling the egg. I wonder how many kids thought of THAT. ;)

That's so crazy to think that this episode was made more than 13 years ago. Wow. I'm old.

Willow's possessed. Cordelia's possessed. I think Giles and Joyce are too, eventually.

Thank gawd it's 2/3 of the way over. Perhaps this will be the last time I watch this episode...for a reallyreally long time. This is such a bad episode. I just hate this hokey possessed by slimy thing, thing. Or at least, if you're going to be possessed, be possessed with a witty and evil demon, not a zombie-makin' one.

Fourth Jonathan sighting.

So, Buffy is fighting all of her friends and family (except Xander) while simultaneously fighting two vampires and a giant slimy squid-thing. Pretty impressive. Xander had to knock out Cordelia, but he seemed genuinely upset about it. This is something about Joss that's pretty admirable, really. Sometimes, when a girl is possessed you CAN hit her, but you still need to be upset about it. Some shows would go out of their way with unrealistic plot twists in order to avoid boys hitting girls.

Oh, totally off-topic, but I decided one-a-day for Buffy-blogging is not even possible as an average. I usually only get around to it once a week and then I watch a whole disc, which is four episodes, and like how you're supposed to put a cat's litter-box where they like to pee, I think my new goal will be 4 per week. That's more doable. Then I don't have to feel guilty that I'm not doing more, which will probably make me watch MORE. Really, I would watch more if I wasn't blogging about it during. It makes me not enjoy the eps as much when I can't just scrunch up on the couch and zone out. I have to be actively thinking...but I am determined to write more, and even if these blogs are total crap and no one's reading them, and both of those things are probably true, I will still trudge on.

Ok, crisis averted. Episode endeth. Merciful ending to my two least favorite Buffy episodes ever. I can now forge onward with the brilliance that awaits me. The non-"Ted" and non-"Bad Eggs" utter brilliance!

Followers