Wednesday, February 8, 2017

VHS Music Videos



^^^ This is a collection of music videos done at approximately age 12 by me, my Kim, my Xine, and my Angie. We recorded these videos during a sleepover in 1994 or 1995.



^^^ This is a collection of exclusively Garbage music videos recorded with my friend Xine in 1996 or 1997. My favorite music video in the world that I have ever recorded (and I've recorded a LOT) starts at 4min in.



^^^ This is a collection of music videos recorded by Xine and me again, this time I believe we're looking at spring or summer of 1997, the last of the music videos recorded on the Tyco Videocam (that I'm allowed to release, anyway. I have a few done by my Kim and me, but she won't let me upload them online. Prude! *winky face*).

I'm really proud of the innovation and creativity we used in making these videos at such a young age. We learned essential video-recording techniques such as using the monitor to frame shots instead of the viewfinder and using bright lights behind the camera for cool over-exposed lighting effects. When I was about this age I wanted to be a music video director when I grew up.

I'm thinking of buying that crappy Tyco Videocam again from ebay. It sells for less than $20 NIB. Even though the quality is real bad, it has Nostalgia Factor BIG TIME for me and I'd love to use it for future YouTube videos. If you'd like to contribute: paypal.me/mixtressrae

Followers