Wednesday, April 30, 2014

MixtressRae's Top Ten TV Shows of All Time.

You've waited with baited* breath (what does that even MEAN, baited breath? like your breath is the bait or you have bait in your mouth or...?) for almost two whole weeks.

*Turns out, < thank you Richie!! I owe you yet another drink. > that the term is "bated breath" and it means that your breath stinks of anticipation and suspense.

I scored each episode on five different criteria (characters, story, quotability, emotion/laughter, and feminism) on a scale of 1-10. I then scored the series as a whole on similar criteria (characters, story arc, "stickiness", coping, and feminism), also on a scale of 1-10. I averaged both the episode's score and the series' score, then averaged those two scores to get my total. For more on what my criteria mean, go to here.

Here they are, my top ten TV shows of all time: 

Coming in at #10 is Star Trek: The Next Generation
Favorite character: Data
Final Score: 5.8

#9: Gilmore Girls
Favorite Character: Lorelai Gilmore (ha, they're BOTH named Lorelai Gilmore!)
Final Score: 6.1

#8: Firefly
Favorite Character: Wash (above)
Final Score: 6.3

#7: F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Favorite Character: Phoebe Buffay
Final Score: 6.4

#6: Dollhouse
Favorite Character: Topher Brink
Final Score: 6.5


Are you ready for the Top 5?!?! No? I think you can handle it. The following television is the best that television has to offer. I know, because I did a very scientific experiment. ;)



#5: New Girl
Favorite Character: Jessica Day
Final Score: 6.5

#4: Rupaul's Drag Race
Favorite Character: Sharon Needles from season 4
Final Score: 7

#3: The Office (US version)
Favorite Character: Dwight Schrute
Final Score: 7

#2: Parks and Recreation
Favorite Character: Leslie Knope
Final Score: 7.3

yes, I will use this gif of Buffy for any reason whatsoever.
#1: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Favorite Character: Buffy Summers
Final Score: 9.4

Followers